Membership Committees of each chapter have final authority related to BNI® Policies. Membership Committees may put a BNI member on probation or open a Member’s classification for failure to comply with the Member Policies, the Code of Ethics or BNI Core Values.
Policies are subject to change. All proposed policy changes firstly need to be reviewed by the International Board of Advisors.
1. Only one person from each BNI classification can join a chapter of BNI. Each Member can only hold one BNI classification in a BNI Chapter.
2. BNI Members must represent their primary professional focus.
3. BNI Members must arrive on time and stay for the entire published meeting time.
4. An individual can only be a Member of one BNI Chapter. A Member cannot be in any other program that holds Members accountable to pass referrals.
5. A BNI Member is allowed three absences within a continuous six-month period. If a Member cannot attend, they may send a substitute; this will not count as an absence.
6. Members are expected to be engaged in the BNI Chapter by bringing qualified referrals and/or visitors.
7. Visitors may attend BNI Chapter meetings up to two times.
8. Only BNI Members who have completed the Member Success Program, and BNI Directors/Director Consultants can do Feature Presentations during the BNI Meetings.
9. Leaves of absence are possible for certain extenuating circumstances (e.g., extended medical issue that prevents member from working) at the discretion of the Membership Committee.
10. Members who wish to change their BNI classification must submit a new membership application for approval.
11. All BNI membership lists are for the purpose of giving referrals only. Before sending any marketing or business solicitation communications to BNI Members outside your chapter or Director/ Director Consultants, the recipient must give their consent. Consent must be freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous.